Doug and Ann Myles Family/Osher Scholarship for Humanities
This scholarship is awarded to a student who has completed 24 or more units and is taking at least 12 units per semester. The recipient must also be receiving a Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver. The primary goal of this scholarship is to assist and recognize high-achieving students who plan to transfer to a four-year university to pursue studies in the liberal arts. Division faculty will select the recipient.
- The award amount will be determined by the Division’s Scholarship Committee.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please write two to three paragraphs explaining why you deserve a scholarship in the area of the Humanities.
- Choose one of your greatest contributions in the area of community service. Write two to three paragraphs describing the activity in detail and explaining your role in the activity.
- Please attach a copy of your unofficial transcript including your Fall 2019 grades, from MyGateway. (Must be in PDF format.)
- Two required letters of recommendation; one of which must be from a Humanities instructor (English, ESL, Foreign Language, Reading, Speech). Provide name and email addresses.
- Provide name and email address for requested letter of recommendation.
- Provide name and email address of Humanities instructor (English, ESL, Foreign Language, Reading, Speech) for requested letter of recommendation.